Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of use
- www.boozeexchange.com.au is operated by The Booze Exchange. Sale of products through www.boozeexchange.com.au is made under New South Wales liquor licence LIQH400102208
- By accessing this website, You acknowledge that You are 18 years or older and have read and understood the Terms and that You agree to be bound by the Terms. If You do not agree to the Terms or have not reached 18 years of age then you must not use this website.
- From time to time We may vary the Terms and You must accept the Terms on each occasion You access the website.
- "Our", "We", and "Us" means The Booze Exchange and "You" and "Your" means the customer having an account with Us and/or placing an order with Us
- By placing an order with Us You are confirming that You are 18 years or older. It is illegal for Us to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
- When You give Us Your credit or debit card details You are confirming that You are either the card holder, or that You have permission from the card holder to use the card for the purpose of ordering product from Us.
- The delivery address supplied by You must be in Australia. We are not permitted to ship product internationally
- No payment will be taken from Your card until the goods You have ordered are dispatched from Our warehouse.
- We reserve the right to cancel any orders We cannot fulfill for any reason. If Your order is cancelled, We will contact You to inform You of the cancellation and refund any money You have paid Us for that order.
- Products offered by Us are displayed on Our website(s) in 'real time'. Any product may be withdrawn from offer without notice at Our discretion.
- If for some reason We are unable to fulfill Your exact order, We reserve the right to cancel said order and contact you with the options of substituting the unfulfillable product or returning your money for a full refund.
- We reserve the right to limit sales to retail quantities if we reasonably deem that the order is not within a reasonable retail quantity. If you wish to purchase unusually large orders for an event, please call us prior to placing the order so that we can accommodate you.
- If You are unhappy with the products you receive, We offer a full money back guarantee. To receive the full money back guarantee, You must communicate with Us within 30 days of the date of delivery of the wine to You. We may require a return of the remaining quantity of identically branded products at Our discretion.
- We carefully choose producers based on quality and value. However, we understand all tastes are different so here’s the deal: If a product is faulty, We’ll replace it and cover shipping costs. And if the booze isn’t to Your taste, We’ll still replace it, and You cover shipping. Contact Us to collect and we’ll arrange the driver. Make sure the booze is neatly packaged in a secure box. If you let us know when the box departs with tracking number, we’ll credit your account immediately so you can buy something else.
- We deliver to the address you specify in your delivery instructions and you’ll normally see your goods within 3 business days of purchase.
For QLD, NSW and VIC Metro areas we will endeavour to deliver during the next business day. All regional areas will be within 2-3 days
For WA, SA and NT, you’ll normally see your goods within 3-5 days of purchase.
- If Your order goes missing, or is damaged, between dispatch and delivery, We will send You a replacement order as soon as We can. If We are unable to dispatch replacement goods within 7 days We will offer You a full refund. For these purposes, delivery takes place when products are left at the delivery address specified in Your order.
- If You’re not home at the time of delivery, We’ll leave an ‘Article Awaiting’ card. Your booze will not be left at unattended premises, unless otherwise specified, nor will they be left with anyone under the age of 18 (proof of age may be required).
- Orders ship out Monday to Friday and we aim to dispatch all in-stock items the next business day. We cannot guarantee or provide a day of the week or time of day for delivery.
- Our courier may require a proof of age identification check if they deem it reasonable at the time they are making the delivery to You or Your authorized agent.
- If Your order is undeliverable we will contact you to arrange for re-delivery. We may charge you a fee for any re-deliveries.
- Risk of damage, loss or deterioration to the product passes to You on delivery.
- Title to the product remains with Us until we receive the full price of the product from you in cleared funds.
Security, Privacy and Risk
- For Your own safety We reserve the right to contact Your card issuer for the purposes of carrying out security checks.
- You must not upload any type of virus or computer malware onto the website and must ensure that Your computer remains safe and does not infect Our website whilst You are on the website.
- We may provide links on Our website to third party products and/or services. We do not promote or recommend these products and/or services to You. If You access these links You do so at Your own risk.
- We expressly disclaim all liability for Your use of this website. Each time You access this website You acknowledge that Your use of this website is at your sole risk and you are solely liable for any damage, loss or expense You incur from using the website.
Any promotions, discounts or vouchers are single use only and not to be used in conjunction with any other promotion, discount or voucher unless otherwise stated by Us
If You receive a voucher from Us, You can use it in the following ways:
- You must be 18 years of age or older. If you are younger than 18 You will not be able to use Our voucher even if the voucher was a gift to You.
- The vouchers are for one-off purchases i.e. You are not required to join any type of wine club to use the voucher.
- Voucher is valid on our list prices only.
- Some vouchers may be limited by a minimum order threshold.
As with all of our orders, if You're not happy with any of the wines for any reason, We offer a full money back guarantee. To receive the full money back guarantee, You must communicate with Us within 30 days of the date of delivery of the wine to You. We may require a return of the remaining quantity of wine at Our discretion.
Please Note: We may offer vouchers depending upon an event or season or our business partners may offer vouchers which may have different terms and conditions to those listed above, - however, we will ensure that the applicable terms and conditions will be printed on the voucher itself.
We operate a fair use policy on all promotional vouchers: We will honour vouchers earned from our partners, but we reserve the right to close your account(s) if we reasonably suspect that You are downloading vouchers from a voucher site, or if You set up multiple accounts.
- If You post a comment on any of the public walls incorporated within the site (i.e. product reviews, blog posts, etc.), Your comments will be in the public domain and will be visible to anyone who visits the site. You must not post a comment that is offensive, unlawful, obscene or defamatory. You are solely responsible for all posts listed using your account, whether the post was authorised or not.
- If you post a comment on our Wall, or if you post on our Facebook page or if you Tweet us, you agree that we can publish the post for promotional purposes on our website, social outlets, email campaigns, or any other outlet of our choosing regarding The Booze Exchange or products carried by The Booze Exchange, without the need to reference you when we do so - even though we probably will. We have to remove content that is unlawful or breaches advertising standards.
All content displayed or comprising the website, including without limitation the images, brand names, trademarks, commentary, website layout and software are subject to intellectual property protection in Australia and internationally. You do not have permission to modify the content on this website, permit unauthorized users to access it (whether intentionally or otherwise) or transmit it to third parties. Any misuse of Our intellectual property rights and/or Our partners' intellectual property rights will result in immediate termination of Your account and You may be liable for damages.
Information contained on our website is uploaded regularly. We cannot guarantee the information to be correct, current or complete as there are a number of factors which affect this information. We accept no responsibility or liability for any inaccuracies or typographical errors on our website.
We warrant that the product supplied by Us is of merchantable quality when delivered to You. To the extent permitted by law We expressly disclaim all express, implied, statutory warranties, guarantees and representations. Our warranty given in respect of merchantable quality is limited to the replacement or resupply of the affected product to You or a refund of the cost of the product, at Our discretion.
You acknowledge that We are not liable to You under any circumstances for any loss, damage or expense (including indirect or consequential, loss of opportunity or profits). You may incur from using our website. To the extent that the above exclusion of liability is unenforceable, invalid or ineffective then our aggregate liability to You under these Terms for all exclusions referred to above for all and any causes of action (collectively) shall be limited to AU$50.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Us, Our officers, employees, partners, suppliers, agents and contractors from and against all losses, proceedings, charges and costs (whether direct, indirect, special, exemplary or consequential) of every kind made against Us due to Your use, misuse or access to Our website and/or in allowing (with or without intention or knowledge) a person under 18 years of 18 access to Our website or to take delivery of the product on your behalf (whether with or without your permission).
We shall not be responsible to You if we are unable to deliver Your order or if we are prevented from performing our obligations under these Terms due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. We will notify you of any delays to your delivery. However, if we are prevented from performing our obligations beyond a reasonable time then we may, at our discretion, elect to cancel Your order and provide a refund or credit to the value of the cancellation without further liability to You.
Notices to You
We may contact you via the contact details provided by you including your email address. You must maintain Your contact details as current at all times.
These Terms contain the entire agreement between You and Us for the use of Our website to purchase product. All and any other understandings, agreements and representations are hereby expressly excluded.
These Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
It is Your responsibility to consume alcohol sensibly
Booze Exchange supports the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
New South Wales Liquor Act 2007.
It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.
Victoria Liquor Control Reform Act 1998: It is an offence to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (Penalty exceeds $7,000), for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (Penalty exceeds $600). Under the Liquor Control Act 1988, it is an offence: to sell or supply liquor to a person under the age of 18 years on licensed or regulated premises; or for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase, or attempt to purchase, liquor on licensed or regulated premises.
Liquor Licensing Act 1997, Section 113. Liquor must NOT be supplied to persons under 18.
Under the Liquor Act 1992, it is an offence to supply liquor to a person under the age of 18 years.
Under the Liquor Control Act 1988, it is an offence: to sell or supply liquor to a person under the age of 18 years on licensed or regulated premises; or for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase, or attempt to purchase, liquor on licensed or regulated premises. Need more info?
If you have any questions regarding liquor legislation, privacy or security, contact us at email@example.com